• We always provide lifting hook / lugs to our equipments and equipments should be handed by lifting hooks only.
• In case of small equipments being very light, it can be lifted by 2 or 3 persons.
• Equipment should not be handled with nozzle and should not shift by dragging.
If the equipment is little heavy, it has been observed that people shift the same by rolling on the ground using cantilever with bamboo or bar. This can cause damage to equipment. Sometimes damage is not visible from outside, but it can result in cracking of gel coat from inside and it gives problem after span of time. As inner gel coat is the main corrosion barrier surface and if it damaged, chemical can penetrate to outer reinforcement, which we will come to know only when the stored chemical starts leaking.
Hence it is strongly recommended that the equipment should be shifted by lifting gently and carefully.
INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW STRICTLY FOR INSTALLATION OF PLASTIC EQUIPMENTS
• For smaller size equipments upto 3M dia., we recommend mounting of the same on uniformly leveled, smooth plastered RCC foundation, without any bedding.
• For equipments larger than 3M dia., we recommend thick cement slurry or bitumen sand mix bedding on foundation.
• Prior to installing the tank over cement slurry / bitumen sand bedding, apply the outer side of the tank bottom with grease before placing on the foundation; so that it will not stick fast with cement/bitumen and will facilitate shifting/removal of the equipment in future, if required.
• WE DO NOT recommend layer of loose sand on foundation on which Equipment is to be installed.
• If at all for equipment diameter bigger than 3M, sand is used as bedding, then, sand should be screened having only fine particles, without any pebbles, sand or lumps.
• Tanks provided with sand bed should be strictly sealed with cement or bitumen, so that water does not enter below bottom and disturb or wash away the sand.
• After installation of tank over cement slurry/bitumen mixed sand bed, it should be gradually filled with water, thereby permitting the bedding to adopt the shape of tank bottom and thus will provide continuous support to bottom of tank.